An agreement, known as “Trust Deed” is also used to outline the provisions of the trust company. It can hold and manage assets and properties. According to the agreement, the trustee becomes the legal owner of such assets. The trustee, the legal representative of the trust, is required to manage said assets for the benefit of the beneficiaries in accordance with the trust deed.
Through this fiduciary structure you will obtain more flexible management regulations and on the distribution of your assets. As an asset protection tool it is very useful in case of legal proceedings against the beneficial owner, because in the offshore jurisdiction where the trust is formed, the owner is only the trustee.
Among the advantages of Offshore Trusts are:
- Private relationship, most offshore jurisdictions do not require public registration
- Wealth protection
- Tailored to specific family requirements
- Recognized in all common law jurisdictions
- Increasing recognition in civil law jurisdictions
- A main tool in international income, capital gains and estate tax planning situations
- Used by corporations for employee benefit plans, retirement and stock option schemes, insurance plans and special financing arrangements.
Some of the countries where we can form Trusts are:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Isle of Man
- New Zealand