- Privacy: transactions, bank accounts, general business are done under the companies name, without revealing the beneficial owner´s identity.
- Asset protection: the assets owned by the offshore company are protected from debtors, etc.
- Tax savings: depending on the jurisdiction of incorporation, offshore companies are very useful tool in tax planning.
- Flexible business laws: which also depends on the jurisdiction, as an offshore company the legislation that applies is different from that applies to onshore entities.
- Lawsuit protection: by owning assets under an offshore company, they are protected from legal proceedings, such as lawsuits, divorces, etc.
- Confidentiality: in some jurisdictions even the directors identity remains confidential, and not reveal to the public.
Offshore companies offer much more financial privacy than domestic entities, such as corporations, Limited Liability Companies or an IBC.Some of the most popular jurisdictions to incorporate offshore companies are: